Sequins! Velvet! Satin! Tweed! This season, the catwalks were abundant with rich texture! We’ve translated this to nails through the infusion of glitter particles and metallic and holographic finishes. The colour tones speak to “earthiness” but are not specifically earth tones – think rust, shimmering greens and silvers. This collection feels future-forward but not futuristic. This season is all about using texture to add interest and depth to your look!
- Lovely Jubbly: A vibrant magenta flecked with red, blue and gold micro particles. Channeling a distinctly retro 70’s feel, this sultry glitter gives high impact sparkle perfect for Disco Divas. Definition: Brit speak for “Excellent.” Used when a person hears pleasing news or has a stroke of good luck.
- Trustafarian: A golden holographic finish gives this delightful sage green a surprising and sophisticated edge. Definition: A spoiled rich kid who pretends to be a hippy but still goes home to Daddy’s mansion on the weekend.
- Gobsmacked: A heavily pigmented charcoal grey glitter with a slightly textured finish. This shade is unlike anything we’ve seen before. A legend in the making! Definition: To be totally speechless. Unable to think of anything to say.
- Shag: high-shine metallic lacquer in a warm orange-burgundy hue. Reminiscent of fallen Autumn leaves. Sigh. Definition: Brit slang for “knocking boots.”
- Dodgy Barnett: A highly holographic shade that blurs the line between grey and silver. A classic! Definition: A bad hairdo. A mullet of any variety is a seriously Dodgy Barnett.
$18 ea. butter London’s Fall 2012 collection is available now.