Halloween a beauty lover’s dream holiday! You get to dress up anyway you want and go absolutely crazy with makeup and nail polish! I work in a casual environment, so I can pretty much wear whatever I want on my nails, but for those who don’t, Halloween is the perfect time to whip out that crazy nail style you’ve been dying to try! Here are some special nail collections from some of my favorite brands:
OPI Spookettes & Pair’Em Scare ‘Em:
I’m completely over crackle! Crackle is a big trend, but I’ve never been that fond of it, even though I covered it like crazy here on Varnished. I even went on a crazy manhunt to get my hands on a bottle of OPI shatter- I don’t know I got caught up! LOL. I do however think it’s a perfect look for Halloween, so go ahead- go crazy!
- He’s My Boo orange
- Mummy Knows Best white
- I only Date Werewolves black crackle
- Zom-Body To Love glow in the dark
China Glaze: Haunting
This collection in my opinion is a little more wearable than OPI’s. I definitely see myself wearing these colors year round. Haunting comes with a glow in the dark top coat and yes, another black crackle top coat.
- Haunting Shadowy black with shimmering silver glitter
- Crimson Deep purple crème with a hint of blood red
- Near Dark Rich mossy green crème
- It’s Alive Vibrant green glitter
- Ghoulish Glow Glow-in-the-Dark top coat
- Black Mesh Crackle Glaze top coat for a cobweb-like crackle effect
Wet N Wild- Fantasy Makers
Drugstore favorite Wet N Wild releases a full Halloween collection. but we’ll focus on the nailpolish (which all come in cute gravestone bottles)!
- Creepy Pumpkin– Glittery Orange
- Black Magic This black polish with copper sparkle comes in a cute bottle.
- Purple Potion Black Polish with purple sparkle
Sally Hansen- Salon Effects
- Numbskull: Spooky skull and crossbones print
- Wishnets: Witchy black fishnet print over bright fuchsia
- Ghoulie Girl: Google-eyed ghosts in orange and white
- Spun For You: A scary black spider’s web
- Hot Wired: Bad-girl barbed wire over lime green backdrop